Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Cinnamon Roll Waffles
I woke up this morning really craving a cinnamon roll for breakfast. I didn't want to wait on making homemade cinnamon rolls so I set out to find a way to make an easy and fast taste-a-like. Cinnamon Roll Waffles is what came to mind. I used a basic waffle recipe and added cinnamon to the batter.
You will need one large bowl for dry ingredients, one medium bowl for wet ingredients, two small bowls for cinnamon roll topping and one for the cream cheese topping, whisk, and a waffle maker
Cinnamon Roll Waffle Batter:
1 1/2 Cups of whole wheat flour
2 Tablespoons of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
Mixed all the dry ingredients together and moved on to the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
2 large eggs
2 cups of milk (I used almond milk)
1/4 cup of coconut oil (melted)
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
Whisked all the wet ingredients together and combined them in the dry ingredient bowl.
Before you start making waffles prepare the cinnamon roll topping and cream cheese icing to go on top of your warm, deliciously, amazing waffles.
Cinnamon Roll topping:
1/2 cup of butter, ,melted
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Cream Cheese topping:
4 Tablespoons of butter, melted
2 ounces of cream cheese
1 cup of powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla
Both of these toppings will be mixed in two small separate bowls. Pour your waffle batter in the hot waffle maker according to your waffle maker instructions. I did not follow my waffle maker instructions and it broke. It still worked so I continued on with my cinnamon roll waffles. Once you have a stack of waffles ready to be devoured top with the cinnamon roll topping, be generous in this step and the cream cheese topping, and then finish off with the cream cheese icing.
Melt in your mouth heaven is another name you could call these waffles. They passed the tasting board of myself, husband and 2 year old with flying colors. These recipe easily makes 8-10 waffles, we only used 6 and put the leftover batter in a container to be used possibly tomorrow morning as well. Enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment